Coconut Carrot Curry Soup
Makes: 5 cups
1 lb of carrots, peeled cut into 2-inch chunks
1/2 yellow onion, peeled and large diced
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
3 cups veggie broth
1 can full-fat coconut milk
1/2 tsp. chili garlic sauce (add less if you don’t want it spicy, you can always add more as you go!)
1 Tbsp. red curry paste
1/2 tsp. fresh ginger or ginger paste
1/2 tsp. Himalayan salt
1. In a large pot heat coconut oil and sauté onions and garlic.
2. While the onions and garlic are sautéing add in the red curry paste, ginger, chili garlic sauce, salt and carrot chunks. Mix well and continue to sauté until garlic and onions are translucent.
3. Add in the vegetables broth and bring to a boil. Once boiling place it on medium low and let it simmer.
4. While the carrots are cooking place the coconut milk in the blender.
5. Once the carrots are soft enough to pierce with a fork (usually about 10-15 minutes) add the the entire mixture to the blender.
6. Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
Top with a dollop of coconut yogurt or coconut flavored yogurt. My favorite to use in all my curry dishes is Siggi’s coconut yogurt!