Jackfruit Stuffed Peppers
Makes: 4 Serving size: 2
2 red bell peppers
1/2 white onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1 head cauliflower, riced in a blender or you can buy cauliflower already riced (frozen or fresh). My favorite and always a staple in our freezer is Trader Joe's Organic Riced Cauliflower (in the freezer section with the other veggies)
1, 15 oz can beans, drained (my favorite is Whole Foods 365 Organic Ranchero Beans, the ingredients are amazing!)
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. cumin
10.6 oz jackfruit (I like to use Upton's Naturals Chili Lime Carnitas)
1/4 tsp. Himalayan salt
Pepper to taste
Cilantro, chopped to top
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F.
2. Slice peppers down the middle, clean out the seeds and white pith. Place in a baking dish, with a little EVOO on the bottom, skin side down.
3. Place into the oven covered for 35 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, sauté onions and garlic in a large pan, then place to the side in a bowl when translucent and lightly browned.
5. In the same pan place sauté the frozen cauliflower rice. Once the cauliflower rice is sautéed, add the garlic and onions back to the pan. Also add the beans, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper.
6. To a hot pan add the jackfruit and a little avocado oil. Using tongs break up the pieces and sear it until it gets crispy.
7. The peppers should be done around now, they should be soft. Drain any extra liquid out of them using tongs.
9. In a large bowl mix jackfruit, 1/2 bean cauliflower mixture, kite hill cream cheese (or other cheese) and cilantro.
10. Fill each pepper up and place in the oven for 10 minutes. Enjoy!