Kale, Onion, & Red Pepper Egg Muffins
Makes: 4 egg muffins Serving size: 2
4 pasture-raised eggs
1/4 white onion, diced
1/4 red pepper, diced
1 cup curly kale, cut into small pieces
1 tsp. nutritional yeast (optional for a cheesy flavor)
1/8 tsp. Himalayan salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F and either spray 4 muffin tins lightly with non-stick baking oil or place 4 parchment paper baking cups in muffin tins.
2. Place 1 Tbsp. EVOO in a small pan add the diced onions and peppers and cook until onions are translucent. Then add in the kale and cook until soft and the leaves turn dark green.
3. Meanwhile mix 4 eggs in a bowl with the salt, pepper and nutritional yeast.
4. Divide the sautéed vegetable mixture into the 4 muffin tin cups. Then pour the egg mixture overtop into each cup.
5. Bake at 375˚F for 15 minutes or until eggs are cooked through. For a richer cheesy flavor sprinkle a small amount of nutritional yeast on top!