Lemon Garlic Artichoke Chicken
Time: 35 min Serves: 4
2 lbs organic boneless skinless chicken thighs
1, 14 oz can of artichokes, quartered
2 cups rainbow potatoes (or other potato preference), sliced in half lengthwise
5 cloves of garlic, sliced in half lengthwise
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
1 Tbsp. avocado oil
1/2 tsp. Himalayan salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1.Preheat the oven to 375˚F. Heat cast iron pan on med/high heat and dress with avocado oil.
2.Once the pan is hot add the sliced potatoes and artichokes (save the liquid). Sauté for a few minutes until starting to brown. For the artichokes I usually just just tongues to get the artichokes out of the can and leave the remaining liquid in the can
3. Then place chicken smooth side down and ddd the garlic.
4. Cook the chicken for about 3 minutes, or until browned. Then turn over while also turning the artichokes, garlic and potatoes.
5. Add the salt and pepper and let cook for another 3 minutes.
6. Add the liquid from the artichokes and lemon juice and let steam for another 2 minutes then place in the over to bake for 25 minutes.
7. Once fully backed place on high broil for 1-2 minutes or until your chicken, artichokes and potatoes are nice and browned.
Add some fresh herbs and pair with some sautéed greens to complete your meal. We love to pair it with more bitter greens like swiss chard!