1 red onion, sliced
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 cup white wine vinegar
8 oz jar
1. Place sliced red onions in a colander and boil a large pot or tea pot of water.
2. While waiting for the water to boil, in an 8 oz. jar, place white wine vinegar and sugar and mix well.
3. Once the water is boiling pour over the red onion slices, blanching them.
4. Place onion slices in the jar with the vinegar and sugar mixture. Place the lid on and shake to mix well. Make sure that all of the onion are covered. If not just add a little more white wine vinegar to cover.
5. Let sit for at least 1 hour, but the longer the better.