Quinoa Turkey Meatballs
Makes: 8-10, 2 oz meatballs
1 lb organic ground turkey
1 egg, whisked
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup cooked quinoa
1 Tbsp. paprika
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. cumin
1 Tbsp. grilling seasoning (or other mixed seasoning with herbs)
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
1 tsp. Himalayan salt
1/2 tsp. pepper (more to taste)
2 tsp. fresh basil, chopped (optional)
1.5 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
5 cloves of garlic, pressed (optional)
1. In a large bowl mix all ingredients except for EVOO and garlic.
2. Form mixture into 2 oz meatballs.
3. Place EVOO in large pan on medium heat.
4. Once heated brown the meatballs on each side.
5. Add your favorite no sugar-added tomato sauce & pressed garlic to the pan.
6. Let simmer until cooked through, usually about 20-30 min.