Banana Oat Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce
Makes: 4 Serving size: 2
2 ripe bananas
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 pasture-raised egg (if you're vegan or have a sensitivity to eggs replace it with a flax egg or leave it out all together and only add about 1/4 cup of oat flour)
1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour (you can make this by blending 1/2 cup of gluten-free old fashioned oats until fine)
2 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
2 tsp. ceylon or saigon cinnamon
Pinch of Himalayan salt
1. Place frozen blueberries in a small pot and cover on low heat. That's it! Blueberries will cooked down into a delicious sauce.
2. In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork until there are no chunks. Mix in the egg.
3. In a separate bowl, mix oat flour, ground flaxseed, cinnamon, and salt.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet & mix.
5. Add avocado oil to the pan cook until lightly brown on each side and cooked through.
6. Top off with the blueberry sauce.
I like to top my pancakes off with a little raw almond butter, an egg on the side, and 1/4 of an avocado for some extra protein and healthy fats!